QuietStove® Forum

The Online Community for QuietStove®
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 2
Hi Guys,

I just got my 107 burner today for my MSR DragonFly stove. It works great and the noise reduction is substantial! I won't be afraid now to light my stove in the morning with other people sleeping.

One thing I wanted to point out that is not explained in the instructions is that I found that there are two ways to light the 107 burner. One seems to be the correct way and results in a quiet flame coming out of all the 107 burner holes and there is an incorrect way where the flame burns noisily as without the burner.

I am used to lighting the burner from below, near the nozzle, as this is how I have always lit my stove with the normal flame spreader. However if you do this with the 107 burner the flame burns noisily and doesn't make use of the 107 burner spreading and noise reduction.

Instead the instructions need to explain that with this burner, you need to instead light the burner from the top of the 107 burner. There should be no flame burning below the burner. This will give the desired quiet flame.

Most users will probably discover this on their own but I thought that I would provide this feedback anyway.

Thanks,
Wind Rider


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 pm
Posts: 94
WindRider wrote:
I just got my 107 burner today for my MSR DragonFly stove. It works great and the noise reduction is substantial! I won't be afraid now to light my stove in the morning with other people sleeping.


Hi WindRider,

Glad to hear you are enjoying your QuietStove Model 107.

WindRider wrote:
Instead the instructions need to explain that with this burner, you need to instead light the burner from the top of the 107 burner. There should be no flame burning below the burner. This will give the desired quiet flame.


Thank you for your feedback. We will update the instructions immediately and mail an updated hard copy to you.

Thanks,

Craig


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 pm
Posts: 2
Hi Craig,

Thanks very much for updating the instructions! It is much more clear now. At first I didn't know what "underburn" meant. I initially interpreted this to mean "not enough burn" (overburn == too much burn). Now that it is explained as burning under the cap, it makes more sense.

WindRider


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:20 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 pm
Posts: 94
WindRider wrote:
Hi Craig,

Thanks very much for updating the instructions! It is much more clear now. At first I didn't know what "underburn" meant. I initially interpreted this to mean "not enough burn" (overburn == too much burn). Now that it is explained as burning under the cap, it makes more sense.

WindRider


Thank you for improvement suggestion regarding the instructions. Aiming your flame under the cap will surely put the QuietStove into under burn and now the instructions are updated to direct the flame at the QuietStove holes.

Thanks,

Craig


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:18 am
Posts: 2
Yep, just got mine and was going to mention the same point... figured something wasn't right when the cap went glowing red hot and wasn't jetting through the ports... what page (website page) are the updated instructions on?

Cheers,
HR


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 pm
Posts: 94
Hi Hamish-r,

The instructions have been updated on the website and are also available as a PDF.

QuietStove Instructions (Web site)
http://www.quietstove.com/quietstove/productinfoinstall.html

QuietStove Instructions (PDF)
http://www.quietstove.com/quietstove/quietstoveinstructions.pdf

Thanks,

Craig


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:18 am
Posts: 2
All good - Cheers Craig.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group